Friday, June 6, 2008

Twister


What an interesting afternoon we had here today in the Gate Way to the West. Normally here in the City of St Louis Tornados are few. They mostly occure in the surrounding counties. My wonderful husband called me from the 11th floor of his building to tell me there is a tornado warning. So the kids and I went to the center of the house to play board games. Since we have dish we pretty much had no TV to tell us about the threat or when it was over.

Turning to the trusty wirerless I was on line watching the storm pass over us live. ;o) Well nothing touched down here in the city. Just small ones out in the counties. I don't think there was any damage in the area.

I have been through many tornados in my life so I pretty much know the warning signs and when to duck and cover. Heck my brother was even picked up by one. He was out with his umbrella and he was lifted about 2in before he let go of the umbrella. I can still see his face when he got inside.

The kids didn't mind. They got mom with out any distraction to play board games in the middle of our house(dinning room).

Keep tune for tomorrow for a big annoucement!!



No comments: