Saturday, January 24, 2009

92 Young


Happy Birthday Grandpa!!

Today my Grandfather turned 92!! He still lives in his home for the past 60yrs. Still drives around town(daylight only). Enjoys his baseball games and visits my Grandmother in the nursing home everyday.

Today I sat with my Grandpa and talked about the things that have changed in his lifetime.

He lived through 2 World Wars, 5 conflicts, 2 wars, Pearl Harbor and 9/11. I may be wrong on the number of conflicts the US was involved in. He told me today that when they dropped the atomic bomb he was on his way to the pacific. If that happened I probably wouldn't be here today.

Just think of technology in his life time. With not every home having a phone to almost everyone having a cell phone.
No computers to computers taking up entire rooms to what I have sitting on my lap right now.

Kids played outside with a ball and a bat. Now kids play with a simulated ball and bat on a Television.

Wow what about Television. When he was born there was no such thing. Now look at what we have now.

Cars were a rare thing in his small town of Crystal City. Now we have cars running off of electricity. Grandpa remembers his families first car. It was a 1917 Dodge.

In his life time we entered space and walked on the moon.

Grandpa with the great grandkids. My three and my cousins daughter.
Blowing out candles. No we didn't do 92 candles. We didn't want the fire department called. ;)


3 comments:

BethScharwath said...

Jamie, that's so wonderful! Thanks for sharing that!!!!

One Boy One Girl Boutique said...

That's fantastic...Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Great article of reflection! Happy Birthday to your grandpa!